Reset Account Data

I’ve managed to misidentify my home as a manually created place that’s a few miles away, it doesn’t look like there’s a way to rename the or delete that place so I was wondering if it’s possible to just wipe all of my data and start over. Is that something I can do somehow?

Hi @ChristinWhite!

Wiping your data and starting over is doable but a bit of a hassle. I recommend salvaging the data instead. If you correct the existing data to be what you want it to be, then Arc will learn from that, and do what you want for future visits.

If you tap the “Edit” button on each visit’s details view, you can assign the visit to the correct place. Doing that for any previous visits that’ve been misassigned will teach Arc what you want done in future.

If you really do want to wipe your data and start fresh, you can delete and reinstall the app. But if you have Arc’s iCloud Backups setting turned on, then you will also need to wipe Arc’s iCloud data, from your phone’s Settings → Apple ID (the top row) → iCloud → Manage Storage → Arc App → Delete Documents & Data.

Though yeah, I definitely recommend just cleaning up the data rather than deleting it all. The data is always salvageable!