Hi Matt,
Just switched to a new iPhone 18 Pro and moved from Arc Timeline 3 to Arc 4 (v1.7.0, build 83). Most of it came across fine, but my timeline for 2019 to 2022 is missing (2023 is only partial).
I’ve re-run “Migrate from Arc 3” a few times. The backup is fully downloaded locally now, and one run finished cleanly, but the gap is still there. Digging into the debug logs, the same numbers show up every time:
Migration analysis: legacy=44810, migrated=42114, absentInWindow=2678 [LocoKit: 2675, HealthKit: 3]hasUnimportedOldLocoKitData: true (absentInWindow: 2678 of 44810)
So it reads 42,114 items and reports ~2,678 as permanently absent, even after OldLocoKitImporter completed successfully: 2221 places, 42114 items, 4306775 samples.
Two things that might be related:
- During import I get
could not decode String from database value NULL, column: "timelineItemId" ... FROM "locomotionSample". Looks like some samples have a NULL item link. - On one attempt the import crashed the moment it hit the timeline-items phase it closed the dialog immediately but no message or the like.
The raw samples do seem to span 2014 onwards (the log shows 4.3M samples from 2014-02-07), so it feels like the location data is there but the timeline items for those years aren’t reconciling. I still have the old Arc 3 data safe (full JSON and GPX exports in iCloud), so nothing’s lost, I’d just like to get those years back into Arc 4 properly.
I’ve got two full debug logs (2026-09-19 and 2026-09-20) and can share them privately if that helps, plus the LocoKit database exports if you need them. Just let me know the best way to send them.
Thanks for creating a great app!
