Shared library photos bug

Hi, I use a shared library with my wife, meaning that pictures she takes end up in my library too. Arc does not seem to handle these pictures as not taken by me and adds them based on there location data. Since it was not me who was at that location and took that picture it messes up my timeline. Is that a bug or intended behaviour? Anyone else have that issue? Currently I can use Arc when I deny access to my images, which is unfortunate. I would like Arc to at least only use the images I took or ignore the location data of the pictures I did not take.

Hi @misterbo!

I think we can call it a bug. The photo library integration was built long before shared libraries existed, so it has no awareness of them.

I’m guessing it shouldn’t be too hard to fix though. Presumably there’s a flag on the photos that indicates whether they’re from the local or shared libraries. I’ll put it on the todos!

Hi, that would be fantastic if that is something you could fix. Thanks and fingers crossed it is not too complicated.

I just had a quick attempt at fixing it, and I think it’s worked. Although I can’t test it properly due to not having any shared libraries.

I would offer to send you a TestFlight build to test it, but there’s a bunch of other changes in the current build that aren’t really safe to use yet. Hopefully I’ll have a stable beta (or public) build ready soon!

Hi Matt,

I would love that.